Adopt a Cat
IF THE FORM IS NOT COMPLETE. YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
To ensure that this adoption is in the best interest of both you and the animal you select, we ask that you answer the following questions. Though it may take five or more minutes to complete, please bear in mind that you are considering making a commitment to feed, shelter, protect and love an animal(s) for the rest of his or her life. We reserve the right to deny an adoption.
Fields listed in RED are required and we ask that you please complete the form in its entirety. If a question does not apply to you, please enter "NA" in the space.
Choose a State
Outside US / Canada
Armed Forces Americas
Armed Forces Europe
Armed Forces Pacific
District Of Columbia
Northern Mariana Is
Prince Edward Island
Province du Quebec
1. List all members in your household
Name Age Occupation
2. Are you adopting this pet(s) for yourself?
2a. A gift?
2b. A friend?
3. During the past 5 years, how many litters of puppies or kittens were produced by animals you owned or maintained on your property?
(Excluding feral cats)
4. Are you at least 18 years of age?
4a. Are you a senior citizen?
5. Do you own your own home?
5a. If no, do you Rent?
5b. Live with Parents?
6. Are you planning to move?
No If so, what will happen to this pet?
7. If you rent or live with your parents, do you have their permission to house a pet(s)?
8. Please print your landlord's name, address, and phone number:
Landlord's Phone Number:
**NOTE: If we cannot contact your landlord and you are approved for an adoption without your landlord's consent, you will not be eligible for a refund.
9. Do you have children at home?
9a. If Yes, What are their ages?
10. List type(s) of animals you have had in the last 5 years (S/N = spayed or neutered)
11. Are you, or any family members, allergic to animals?
12. How do you feel about having an animal spayed or neutered?
13. Will anyone be home during the day?
if Yes, who?
14. How will this animal be cared for if you are gone for a week?
15. Have you ever taken an animal to the shelter?
15a .If yes: Where?
16. Do you currently own any pets?
No If yes, please list them below
17. Your veterinarian's name
and phone number:
May we call him/her for a reference?
18. Date of your pet's last veterinarian visit?
19. Is your pet up to date on vaccines?
No Heartworm treatment?
20. Will this pet(s) be kept indoors/outdoors/both?
21. Do you have a fenced yard?
Type of Fence:
Aluminum/Vinyl Fence Height:
22. If you are considering a cat, where will you keep the litterbox?
23. Why did you decide to adopt a pet?
24. Is the entire family in agreement in adopting this pet?
25. Are you willing to make a lifetime commitment (12-16 years) to this pet?
26. What do you estimate the cost of pet ownership to be annually?
27. Are you prepared to assume the financial responsibilities of caring for this animal including vaccines, annual vet visits,
good quality food, licensing, etc?
28. Are you willing to allow a representative of our organization to visit your home?
29. In emergencies (such as hurricanes), what provisions will you make for your pet?
30. If you are no longer able to care for this pet due to unforeseen circumstances (including death),
will you agree to return the animal to SpayMart for re-homing?
31. How did you hear about us?
Other - Please explain
32. Do you have any reservations about the pet you are interested in adopting?
If yes, please describe
33. References: List two people unrelated to you, one preferably being a veterinarian.
I hereby certify that the information on this application is true. I understand that should I adopt an animal from SpayMart, falsification of any information may result in my returning the animal to SpayMart
This questionnaire assists our staff in determining what additional information you may require regarding the responsibilities of owning a pet and ensuring that the animal will receive a good home.
© 2008-2009 SpayMart, Inc.
P.O. Box 6493, Metairie, LA 70009-6493
Cat Sanctuary: 601.749.0268